Friday 6 April 2012

Comparison with parents

I had once uploaded a picture of my parents. It's a really beautiful picture. My parents were really really good-looking when they were young. There were scores of comments on the picture and then the inevitable happened. "Are you sure you're their child?". People can be so cruel.

Another time when I showed it to somebody they comment "I'm sorry to say but your parents are more beautiful than you". Why do they have to point that out? Why can't they just say "Your parents were really good-looking" and just leave it at that? Why the fucking comparison?

I have it better than my poor brother though. He is even a bit overweight. At least my figure is quite good and in that way represents my parents' genes. But it's better to not look as good as them but be as smart as them rather than being the other way round.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! I'm so glad I found this blog! Just want to tell you that I soooo can relate to your story. Seriously, I'm facing the same thing as You. I thought I was reading my own life story here. I tried to follow your blog but it's in germany and Im kinda lost..wan't to keep in touch and maybe we can swap stories. anyway, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks for the comment! If you want to follow the blog you can just click on "Mitglied dieser Site werden" on the right hand corner. I will try to make the language English.

      Delete